Lemongrass Chicken Breast. How to serve the lemongrass chicken. The lemongrass chicken can be a stand-alone meal. It is also ideal for serving with soup noodles.
Set the chicken breasts on a plate, skin side down. Bring the chicken to room temperature before. Tender chicken breast strips in a vibrant lemongrass sauce made with coconut milk, basil, and hints of garlic. You can have Lemongrass Chicken Breast using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lemongrass Chicken Breast
- It’s 4 of skinless chicken breast fillets.
- You need of grated zest 1 lime and huice.
- You need 1 of lemongrass stalk, trimmed and roughly chopped.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped.
- Prepare 2 cm of fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped.
- It’s 1 of large red chilli, seeded.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of fish sauce (can be replace with white wine vinegar).
- You need 2 tbsp of oilve oil.
- You need of juice of 1/2 lime.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
Perfect date night dinner (hide the package and you take the credit 🙂 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast (Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, Water, V Heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat; swirl in oil. Juicy, fragrant Lemongrass Chicken infused with a dynamic marinade is stand-alone-delicious but also makes killer salads, wraps and zoodle/quinoa/rice bowls! Vietnamese Lemongrass Chicken is not only marinated with lemongrass but red curry paste, Asian sweet chili sauce, garlic, ginger, basil, soy sauce and fish sauce for a tantalizing complex, can't-stop-eating chicken!
Lemongrass Chicken Breast instructions
- Start by marinating the chicken. In large bowl, mix the lime zest and juice, lemongrass, garlic, ginger, chili and fish sauce into a food processor. Blend until smooth paste..
- Rub the paste all over the chicken breast. Cling wrap and leave it in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours (I usually marinate it overnight).
- To start cooking. Heat up olive oil in a skillet or pan over medium heat..
- Add marinated chicken breast into hot pan. Season with salt and lime juice..
- Cook for 3-5 minutes on each sides until golden and cooked through. (depending on the thickness of your chicken).
- Once ready, remove and let it rest on a chopping board for 2 minutes. Serve with steamed white rice or you may also toss the lemongrass chicken with leafy salad and sprinkle with roasted walnuts or peanuts..
Process lemongrass, shallot, garlic, lime juice, fish sauce, brown sugar, and red pepper flakes in a food processor to a fine paste. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in a resealable. I substituted lemon rind as I didn't have lemongrass, and it worked very well.. I found this Vietnamese lemongrass chicken recipe on a recent copy of Food & Wine magazine-an article about Vietnamese recipes. I believe this is not the most authentic lemongrass chicken recipe around, but it worked out really well and I enjoyed it, especially the caramelized sweet taste of this dish.