Simple BBQ Chicken Breast. Make this quick and easy BBQ chicken breast in the oven for those times when you want a good meal but don't feel like fussing. Nuke a few potatoes for baked, steam some fresh broccoli or saute some green beans, and you got dinner in about an hour. Barbecue chicken is often a family favorite but can require a lot of time and attention when cooked on a grill.
Chicken breasts marinated in teriyaki sauce, lemon, garlic, and sesame oil, then grilled to a tasty finish. Very easy and great for a hot summer's evening. Leftovers are great on a green salad or sandwich. You can have Simple BBQ Chicken Breast using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Simple BBQ Chicken Breast
- It’s 1 of seasoning salt.
- It’s 1 of crushed red pepper.
- Prepare 1 of garlic powder.
- You need 2 of lemons.
- You need 1 of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 5 lb of boneless chicken breast.
- It’s 1/2 cup of olive oil.
Use either boneless, skinless chicken breasts or bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts for juicy, flavorful meat that's basted in a sweet-and-sour sauce. Just like my Baked Chicken Breast recipe, this one uses simple spices and a quick roasting method to get the most tender and juicy chicken. I do have a secret weapon to get that sticky barbecue finish – the broiler! Baked chicken is one of the most popular weeknight dinner go-tos for busy families, my own included!
Simple BBQ Chicken Breast step by step
- With a knife partially slice into each chicken breast.
- Cut lemon into halves. Rub and squeeze over all chicken breast. (Lemon Juice can be a substitute).
- Rub 1/4 cup olive oil over all the chicken breast. This will help with seasoning sticking to meat and meat not sticking to grill.
- Dry seasoning is to your taste because everyone has there own preference. Seasoning salt is very.
- Allow to sit for approximately 1 hour. During this time prepare your fire..
- With grill between 300-350 degrees Fahrenheit, position breast evenly over the heat with thickest pieces over the hottest section.
- Watch fire closely because oil and fat can cause fire to grow unexpectedly.
- Rotate meat after 10 minutes.
- After approximately 15-20 minutes the meat should be ready. This will be obvious because those cuts in the breast will be pure white with clear juices.
- OPTIONAL: Before taking breast off grill, rub white sauce over over breast then let sit on the grill for another 3-5 minutes..
I went against my better judgement and used boneless, skinless chicken breast as the recipe called for. Chicken was so moist, juicy and tasty. Will surely try a number of other recipes on the site. Have saved the BBQ Chicken Breast recipe for use in the short term. Thanks A great tasting, moist, and tender grilled BBQ skinless boneless chicken breast.