Lemon Herb Butter Poached Chicken Breasts. Great recipe for Lemon Herb Butter Poached Chicken Breasts. This is a great way to cook chicken breasts to have really moist, juicy meat every time. I use this recipe for the best chicken salad.
In a ovenproof skillet large enough to hold chicken in one layer,melt butter, add lemon, red hot and garlic. Season chicken with Cajun seasoning, pepper and salt and turn to coat with butter. Place chicken breast meat side down. You can have Lemon Herb Butter Poached Chicken Breasts using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lemon Herb Butter Poached Chicken Breasts
- Prepare 2 of large bone in, skinless chicken breasts, about 1 1/2 to 2 pounds total weight.
- You need 2 tbsp of salted butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper, and salt to taste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of hot sauce, such as Frank's brand.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of mixed fresh herbs, I used Chives, rosemary, thyme, parsley and basil.
Here is how you achieve it. Bring to a simmer over high heat, and add the chicken breasts. Pat the chicken breasts dry and place them skin side up. Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
Lemon Herb Butter Poached Chicken Breasts instructions
- Preheat oven to 250.
- In a ovenproof skillet large enough to hold chicken in one layer,melt butter, add lemon, red hot and garlic.
- Add herbs to butter mixture. Season chicken with Cajun seasoning, pepper and salt and turn to coat with butter. Place chicken breast meat side down..
- Cut a piece of parchment oaper the same diameter as your skillet. Generously butter one side of paper. Lay paper butter side down on chicken to cover it. Then cover that with a tight fitting lid. Place in preheated oven and cook for 1 hour, without opening oven. Remove from oven and let sit covered 10 to 15 minutes..
- The chicken can be served now warm, strain the sauce and serve with rice or potatos. Or alternatively, the meat can be removed and added to tortillas and salads warm. I also chill the breasts and use for sandwiches and chicken salad and any place you would use cooked chicken.
Heat the butter in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until bubbling. Add chicken stock, lemon juice, basil, and lemon zest. After the chicken is golden brown and crispy, it goes into a baking dish with some lemon juice, butter, garlic, herbs and chicken broth. If you have an oven proof skillet, you can simply brown the chicken breasts, pour the sauce over the top and bake directly in the skillet instead of transferring the chicken to a baking dish.