Munster Mushroom-Stuffed Chicken Breasts. Boneless chicken breasts are rolled around a savory mushroom filling, ham, and Havarti-pepper cheese, then wrapped in bacon and This is my Mushroom Melt Stuffed Chicken. Ingredients: Stuffing= sliced raw turnip greens, honey, minced garlic, Himalayan black salt, black pepper, brown sugar, olive oil. Great recipe for Munster Mushroom-Stuffed Chicken Breasts.
It's easy to prepare and "fancy" enough for company. Dip chicken in milk, then in breadcrumbs. Top each chicken with a slice of cheese. You can cook Munster Mushroom-Stuffed Chicken Breasts using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Munster Mushroom-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Prepare 4 of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Panko breadcrumbs.
- You need 4 tsp of olive oil, divided.
- Prepare 4 of green onions, sliced.
- It’s 8 oz of mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic (large), minced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Munster cheese, shredded.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of salt, divided.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 large of eggs.
Top with mushrooms, then pour broth over and around chicken. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Garlic Butter Mushroom Stuffed Chicken is a wonderful dinner the whole family will be raving over! Tender, juicy chicken breasts stuffed with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses and sautéed mushrooms then nestled in a creamy sauce-your tastebuds will be dancing!
Munster Mushroom-Stuffed Chicken Breasts instructions
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, warm 2 teaspoons of the olive oil. Add the green onions and mushrooms and saute for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the thyme and garlic and saute for 3 more minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and the pepper and the cheese. Set aside..
- Cut a horizontal slit in each of the chicken breasts, creating a pocket. Do not cut all the way through. Place 1/4 cup of the mushroom/cheese mixture into each of the slit chicken breasts..
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside..
- Make a "dredging assembly line". Place the flour in a shallow container or on a plate. Next, place the beaten eggs in a shallow bowl. Then place the breadcrumbs on a dinner plate. Set an empty plate after the breadcrumbs..
- Carefully working with one chicken breast at a time, holding securely so the stuffing doesn't come out, dredge the stuffed chicken first in the flour, then dip each side in the beaten eggs, and finally set it in the breadcrumbs and pat the crumbs into the egg coating on each side..
- Place the coated chicken breast on the clean plate as you repeat the dredging process with the remaining stuffed chicken breasts..
- Heat oven to 350°F..
- Add the remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil to the same skillet you used to saute the mushrooms. Heat to a medium-high temperature..
- Carefully set the dredged, stuffed chicken breasts in the skillet. (Work with one or two at a time. Don't crowd the skillet.) Allow the chicken to saute for about 5 minutes, carefully flip with a sturdy spatula, and allow the chicken to saute for 5 minutes on the other side..
- After chicken is nicely browned on both sides, transfer it to the baking sheet. Repeat browning process with remaining chicken breasts (you may have to add more oil to the skillet), and then bake the chicken for about 20-25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through..
Spoon mushroom mixture down the center of each. Roll up and secure with toothpicks. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and milk. Place the remaining stuffing mix in another bowl; stir in paprika. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.