Seared Chicken Breast with Lemon Herb Pan Sauce. In a small bowl toss together the chopped parsley, thyme, sliced lemon peel and minced garlic. Return to the heat and bring to a simmer, stirring. Serve with the pan sauce and garnish with remaining herb/lemon mixture if desired.
Return back to the heat and bring to a simmer, stirring. Serve with pan sauce and garnish with remaining herb/lemon mixture if desired. The plate holding the chicken breasts will have some chicken juice on the bottom; add it to the pan. You can have Seared Chicken Breast with Lemon Herb Pan Sauce using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Seared Chicken Breast with Lemon Herb Pan Sauce
- Prepare 1/3 cup of fresh parsley, chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of fresh thyme.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh lemon peel, sliced into thin strips.
- It’s 2 medium of garlic cloves.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 4 of chicken breasts, halved.
- You need 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- It’s 1 of kosher salt.
- It’s 1 of black pepper.
Turn off the heat, and remove the herb sprigs if you used fresh. There are so many chicken recipes out there, but we highly recommend trying this healthy and delicious chicken dish! The healthy cream sauce recipe uses yogurt and actually contains no cream at all. The cream sauce also pairs well with seasoned pan-seared cod or salmon.
Seared Chicken Breast with Lemon Herb Pan Sauce instructions
- In a small bowl toss together the chopped parsley, thyme, garlic and sliced lemon peel..
- Season the chicken with kosher salt and black pepper..
- Cook chicken in olive oil over medium-high heat for 6-8 minutes or until browned. Turn the chicken only once in between..
- Transfer the chicken to plate.
- Remove the skillet off the heat. Add in the stock and scrape up the brown bits..
- Add in the lemon/herb mixture..
- Return back to heat and bring to a simmer. Return chicken back to skillet, turn to coat, simmer covered for about 6-8 minutes..
- Serve with pan sauce and garnish with remaining herb/lemon mixture if desired..
Serve the chicken and sauce with steamed broccoli or green beans for a healthy dinner. I love that this recipe doesn't require many ingredients yet it still yields amazingly flavorful end results, and it all thanks to that bright lemon and creamy butter. With this recipe you get perfectly tender, golden brown pan seared chicken breasts that are coated in that quick lemon pan sauce. Once the butter melts, place chicken breast on the pan. Pound the thicker parts of the chicken breasts with a meat mallet to even out their thickness, this way it cooks evenly.