Chicken breasts with thyme and vegetables. In an ovenproof skillet, toss onions with remaining tablespoon oil. Place chicken, breast side up, on top of onions. Season cavity and exterior of chicken with salt and pepper; stuff with a few sprigs of thyme.
Nestle the chicken, skin side up, among the vegetables. Roast, occasionally scraping up and turning the vegetables with a metal spatula, until the vegetables are tender and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part. Combine Brussels sprouts, carrots and potatoes in a large bowl. You can cook Chicken breasts with thyme and vegetables using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken breasts with thyme and vegetables
- Prepare 2 slice of chicken breasts.
- It’s 1 of tomato.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 dash of thyme.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
Pat the chicken breasts dry and season generously with salt and pepper. Heat oil in an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Carefully place chicken breasts into hot skillet skin side down. Carefully flip the chicken then add the butter and thyme.
Chicken breasts with thyme and vegetables instructions
- Place your chicken on a hard surface, add the thyme and massage it well, set aside for now.
- Finely Chop the onion and dice the tomato, set aside.
- Place your pan on medium heat, add the olive oil and after it gets hot add the chicken, turn it to low and cover the pan.
- After 5 minutes flip the chicken, turn it to high heat and add the vegetables, stir until the veggies are covered with the oil and the chicken juices, let it cook uncovered for a few minutes.
- When the chicken is golden brown and the veggies are soft place on a plate and enjoy!.
Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the lemon juice, thyme, salt and black pepper evenly over the chicken breasts and vegetables. TIP: Add color to this roasted sheet tray meal by using multicolored vegetables like purple and red potatoes and yellow and purple carrots. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Arrange chicken breasts on a baking sheet; spread carrots, bell peppers, celery, green onion, and parsley around chicken.