Bacon Wrapped Chipotle Chicken Breast. Wrap chicken breast in a slice or two of bacon depending on size of breast vs. size of bacon. Place wrapped chicken breast onto a non-stick oven safe baking sheet/dish. Cook until completely done, usually takes about an hour, hour and a half.
This crowd pleaser is low carb, gluten-free, dairy-free and perfect for any ketogenic or Paleo gathering. If you like the combination of sweet and spicy flavors like I do, then this recipe is for you. The original recipe for these chicken bites comes from Paula Deen, and although good, I wanted. You can cook Bacon Wrapped Chipotle Chicken Breast using 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bacon Wrapped Chipotle Chicken Breast
- You need 2 of chicken breast; boneless, skinless.
- Prepare 4 slice of wood smoked bacon.
- You need 6 oz of chipotle salsa.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of fresh thyme; minced.
- Prepare 1 slice of bacon; diced.
- You need 1/2 of yellow or red onion; minced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic; minced.
- You need 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of liquid smoke.
- Prepare 4 of dried chipotle peppers.
- You need 1 tbsp of Worcestershire.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring the soup, milk, chipotle pepper, and Worcestershire to a simmer over medium heat. Turn off heat; cover to keep sauce warm. Serve chicken topped with the cheese sauce. If your family needs a break from hum-drum chicken dinners, try throwing in some bacon.
Bacon Wrapped Chipotle Chicken Breast instructions
- Marinate chicken breasts in the chipotle salsa for 4-48 hours if time permits..
- Cover dried peppers with just enough boiling water to cover. Cover and steam for 5-10 minutes.
- Pat chicken dry. Put a small amount of vegetable oil on the chicken. Wrap each breast with two slices of bacon. Season with the dried spices and thyme..
- Slowly render the fat from the diced bacon in a small saute pan and remove the crisped bacon..
- Rub the bell pepper with vegetable oil. Place directly on stovetop burner and roast until completely blackened on each side. Place inside a mixing bowl and cover with foil or plastic wrap. Let steam for 5 minutes..
- Add onions and sweat until caramelized. Add garlic and cook until fragrant..
- Pulse bell pepper, onions, dried peppers, and wet ingredients into a loose paste. Slowly pour the olive oil while blades are spinning. Adjust taste with sugar, salt, and pepper..
- Roast at 350° for approximately 35 minutes. Place chicken under broiler very briefly to crisp bacon if necessary. Spread the paste on the chicken during the last ten minutes of cooking..
- Variations; brown sugar, bourbon, tequila, cilantro, mustard, maple, agave, cheddar, smoked gouda, goat cheese, cotija, Chihuahua, adobo, cumin, applewood seasoning.
Savory and packed with addictive salty-sweet vibes, this Bacon Wrapped Chicken Recipe features boneless, skinless chicken breasts wrapped in slices of bacon and rubbed with a brown sugar spice mix. The spice mix is speckled with smoked paprika for an extra delicious BBQ-style flavor, while the fat from the. Sprinkle chicken evenly on both sides with thyme mixture. Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. In a small bowl, combine maple syrup, black pepper, mustard, garlic powder, and salt.