Apple and Gouda Stuffed Chicken Breasts. Apple and Gouda Stuffed Chicken Breast. Place the chicken breast on sheet pan and top with another sprig of fresh thyme if desired. In a bowl, mix diced sweet potatoes with olive oil, smoked paprika, thyme and sea salt until evenly coated.
Cook until bacon is crispy and apples and onions are tender. Fill each chicken breast with filling. Apple and Gouda Stuffed Chicken Breasts So creamy and scrumptious! You can have Apple and Gouda Stuffed Chicken Breasts using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Apple and Gouda Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Prepare 1/2 cup of creamy Italian dressing.
- Prepare 3 of boneless and skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 of diced apple.
- You need 1/2 cup of aged Gouda, shredded.
- You need 2/3 cup of Italian bread crumbs.
- You need 6 of toothpicks.
- It’s 1 gallon of plastic bag.
Flavorful stuffed chicken breasts filled with apple, gouda, and bacon. Easy stuffed chicken breasts with fresh flavors and crispy skin. I revamped my stuffed chicken breast recipe. This filling for this stuffed chicken breast is really bright and flavorful.
Apple and Gouda Stuffed Chicken Breasts instructions
- Place chicken in the gallon bag and pour dressing into the bag. If you feel like you need more dressing to effectively coat the chicken, do so. Seal the bag and move the chicken around so all sides become coated with dressing. Place in the refrigerator to "marinate" while you prepare..
- preheat oven to 350°F.
- combine diced apples and shredded cheese in a small bowl and set aside..
- place bread crumbs in a dish – you will be using this to coat the chicken so plan accordingly.
- place your baking dish, lined with foil or parchment paper, beside the "breading" station. Place a filet knife beside the breading station and place toothpicks on the baking dish. Now you should have everything ready before touching raw chicken!.
- remove chicken from the fridge; remove chicken from the bag and place each breast in the bread crumbs; coat each breast with crumbs.
- place breaded chicken on baking pan; slice each breast in half lengthwise ( like a hot dog bun) and stuff with apple and Gouda mixture.
- "seal" the breast with toothpicks; bake for 30 minutes or until done.
- If you have leftover apple and gouda , you can place the mixture on top of the breasts so it will cook and melt over the chicken.
Chicken breasts are stuffed with cheese and served on an herbed cider reduction with tender apple slices. It doesn't get any more autumnal than this. Don't let the title fool you. It's a good base recipe, but after reading the reviews, I knew it needed kicking up a notch. Open the chicken breasts and place a couple of apple slices in the center.