Smothered Chicken Breasts. Use Our Step-By-Step Guide To Cook Simple and Delectable Meal Plans. Smothered Chicken Breasts Smothered Chicken Breasts. Sprinkle chicken with salt and lemon pepper.
Smothered Chicken Recipe Also Easy Diabetic Recipe. Not only will your family love this Smothered Chicken breasts recipe, but you will also feel good about giving them a healthy – even diabetic friendly – home cooked meal, all in a matter of minutes! I do recommend seasoning the chicken for even better flavor. You can have Smothered Chicken Breasts using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Smothered Chicken Breasts
- It’s of Chicken.
- You need 4 of Skinless Chicken Breasts.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Season Salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Lemon-pepper Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Canola Oil.
- It’s of Topping For Chicken.
- Prepare 4 of Bacon Strips.
- Prepare 1 medium of Onion.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Brown Sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of Shredded Cheese.
I can't cook without salt, pepper and garlic in everything! The black pepper complements the gravy perfectly. For the chicken I prefer to use thin cut breasts or chicken tenders. Smothered chicken is basically semi-fried chicken and pan gravy.
Smothered Chicken Breasts step by step
- To start, sprinkle chicken with season salt and lemon-pepper. In a large skillet cook the chicken in the canola oil until cooked through. Remove and keep warm..
- In that same skillet, cook the bacon (cut in half to make 8 pieces,) until crisp..
- Drain skillet keeping 2 tablespoons of the juices..
- Add the 2 tablespoons to a skillet, saute the onion and brown sugar until onion is tender and golden brown..
- Place two bacon pieces on top of each chicken. Top with the onion mix, and then shredded cheese (of your choice, I use colby.).
- (from taste of home recipes).
My favorite chicken was Southern Smothered Chicken. My mom made the best smothered chicken when I was younger ( I have her beat now :-p ). My mom would smothered the chicken with lots of gravy and onions, and she would cook the chicken until it fell of the bone, then she would serve the chicken over rice. Sprinkle with croutons or parmesan cheese (optional). The chicken breasts cook up tender and moist in a richly flavored gravy.