Italian stuffed chicken breast. Italian-inspired stuffed chicken breasts are loaded with plenty of cheese and seasonings and baked with spaghetti sauce for a crowd-pleasing meal. Fold chicken over the filling and secure with a toothpick. These stuffed chicken breasts Italian style makes a quick fresh and flavorful weeknight meal but is special enough for company.
And if you love Italian food, you're in for a treat since the The Cooking Housewives are sharing. That's why we've come to love this recipe for Italian Sausage Stuffed Chicken Breast. The chicken is seasoned simply and cooked just until tender and delicious. You can cook Italian stuffed chicken breast using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Italian stuffed chicken breast
- Prepare 1 c of shredded Italian cheese.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1/2-1 cup of Italian style bread crumbs.
- Prepare 3 of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- You need 1 of egg, beaten.
- Prepare 2 cups of marinara sauce.
- It’s of About 10 stalks kale.
- Prepare 1/4 of small onion, chopped.
- Prepare to taste of Olive oil.
- You need to taste of Salt & pepper.
This is contrasted with the bold and hearty meatiness of the sausage mixture. I love the way that the peppers and onions give the sausage filling a mild sweetness. A thick chicken breast gets coated in italian seasoning and stuffed to the brim with mozzarella cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and spinach. It takes no time at all before it is in the oven and on the dinner table for the family to devour.
Italian stuffed chicken breast step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees..
- Remove kale from stems and chop into small pieces. Cook kale & onion in the olive oil until tender, adding salt and pepper to taste. Let cool..
- Mix 3/4 cup of Italian cheese, basil, oregano and kale in a small bowl. Add bread crumbs to a plate. Add egg to another plate and stir in a tiny bit of water..
- Cut one side of chicken breast horizontally to within one half inch of other side. Spread the two sides open like a book. Cover chicken with plastic wrap and pound to flatten. Fill each chicken breast with kale/cheese mixture and close like a book over filling. Coat the outside of each chicken breast with egg. Press both sides of each chicken breast into bread crumbs so outside is completely coated. Arrange chicken breasts in a 9×13 baking dish..
- Bake in preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink in center and juices run clear, about 45 mins..
- Remove chicken from oven and pour marinara sauce over cooked chicken. Top with remaining 1/4 cup of cheese. Bake until sauce is bubbling and cheese is melted, about 5 more minutes..
- All done! Serve with pasta and garlic bread..
The chicken gets pan seared before it enters the oven. Mix melted butter and lemon juice. Remove to platter and keep warm. Related: I get all of my grass fed beef and pasture raised chicken from Butcher Box. These Italian Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast were a big hit…especially with my husband!