Parmesan-crusted Chicken Breast with Roasted Mushrooms. Parmesan-crusted Chicken Breast with Roasted Mushrooms Hey everyone, I hope you're having an incredible day today. Today, we're going to prepare a distinctive dish, parmesan-crusted chicken breast with roasted mushrooms. It is one of my favorites.
Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, bread them. In a small bowl, mix together panko and Parmesan. Arrange chicken in a single layer and sprinkle with panko mixture. You can have Parmesan-crusted Chicken Breast with Roasted Mushrooms using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Parmesan-crusted Chicken Breast with Roasted Mushrooms
- You need 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 2 of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- You need 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need to taste of salt & pepper.
- You need 1 cup of sliced mushrooms of your choice.
- It’s 1/2 of red onion, cut in thin wedges.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
The simplest and most savory way to dress up chicken breasts for a quick supper is just to top them with mayonnaise, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs, and bake. CHICKEN: Use boneless, skinless chicken breasts OR chicken thighs for this Parmesan Crusted Chicken recipe. Oh, and chicken thighs are really the BEST for this recipe because chicken breasts tend to dry out quickly when baked. I'm also a big fan of leaving the skin ON because it allows for a much better sear before the baking process and locks in the flavour and the moistness of the meat.
Parmesan-crusted Chicken Breast with Roasted Mushrooms step by step
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, bread them with the cheese (make sure you pat them to cover as much as possible; however, do not be alarmed if the covering is not perfect: it's part of the dish's charm!).
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Fry the chicken breasts (4-5 minutes per side) to form the cheese crust. Transfer to a plate and reserve..
- In that same saucepan, sauté mushrooms and onion (add a drizzle of oil if necessary), seasoning with oregano and thyme, for 5 minutes or until just tender..
- Place chicken breasts on top of the mushrooms in the pan. Sprinkle any leftover cheese on top. Place pan in oven and roast for 12-15 minutes..
- To serve: quickly toss the mushrooms with the red wine vinegar. Place chicken and mushrooms on two plates and enjoy the love in the air!.
The idea with this recipe is that shredded parmesan melts, tuns golden and adheres to the chicken, forming a crust. Add the chicken breasts and turn to coat completely; set aside. No dry and boring chicken breasts here! Made with simply seasoned chicken breast cutlets and a light mushroom sauce with garlic, and green onions. Be sure to read through for tips, step-by-step instructions, and some fun ways to serve it!