Mediterranean stuffed chicken breasts. Feta cheese, roasted peppers, spinach and more flavors from the Mediterranean fill these easy stuffed chicken breasts. Browning the chicken in a skillet before baking gives it a beautiful golden color, and finishing it in the oven ensures that this healthy baked chicken recipe cooks evenly throughout. In a small bowl, mix cheese and tomatoes.
Place chicken on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Ingredients to make stuffed chicken Chicken breasts: Use skinless boneless thick breasts for this recipe. Spoon the pepper/feta/olive mixture into each pocket. You can cook Mediterranean stuffed chicken breasts using 11 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mediterranean stuffed chicken breasts
- It’s 4 of chicken breasts.
- You need 2 cup of white mushrooms finely diced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sun dried tomatoes in oil finely diced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of black olives finely diced.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of dry oregano.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- You need to taste of fresh ground black pepper.
- You need of fresh basil leafs.
- It’s 4 tablespoon of goat cheese (I've used spreadable type, black pepper seasonned).
- You need 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar.
Close the opening with a toothpick. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper, and sprinkle the top side with dried basil. Chicken breasts are stuffed with mediterranean ingredients, including feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and kalamata olives, then baked. This dish will go well with couscous, tabbouleh and/or a Greek salad.
Mediterranean stuffed chicken breasts instructions
- Preheat oven at 400°..
- In a bowl, mix mushrooms with sun dried tomatoes, black olives, garlic powder and oregano, reserve..
- In an other bowl, mix olive oil and balsamic vinegar, reserve..
- Cut chicken breasts length wise to make pocket, reserve..
- Spread goat cheese inside each chicken breast, on both sides..
- Cover inside of chicken breasts with fresh basil leafs, as needed..
- Fill in pocket with mushroom mix..
- Close pocket with toothpicks..
- Brush top and bottom of chicken breasts with oil and vinegar mix..
- Put on baking sheet covered with parchemin paper and cook in preheated oven for 20 minutes..
- Broil for couple of minutes..
- Serve with side salad and hot bread or any sidedish you want..
TO MAKE FILLING: In a large bowl beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the feta cheese, dill weed and garlic powder. Boneless breasts of chicken stuffed with a Mediterranean cheese stuffing. By Amy Marino.. and you don't have to heat up your big oven. In my first apartment, I started cooking chicken with feta and sundried tomatoes.