Tropical-Spiced Grilled Chicken Breast. Tropical-Spiced Grilled Chicken Breast This tropical sauce (with mild heat) and dry rub ingredients, gives this grilled dish a unique "island" flavor and is an alternative to BBQ sauce, Italian dressing, or a bottle of marinate. Thick chicken breasts can be cooked without pounding the meat down (for even cooking) … by grilling. Tropical-Spiced Grilled Chicken Breast Hello everybody, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site.
This time, I'm gonna make it a bit unique. These grilled chicken breasts are marinated in a simple citrus marinade made with lime, orange juice. Remove the chicken from the marinade, and shake off excess. You can cook Tropical-Spiced Grilled Chicken Breast using 23 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tropical-Spiced Grilled Chicken Breast
- It’s 4 of large boneless skinless chicken breasts, rinsed, and patted dry.
- You need 2 Tbs. of vegetable or olive oil.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s of For the rub:.
- Prepare 2 Tbs. of dark brown sugar.
- You need 2 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp. of black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp. of ground coriander.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of dried thyme.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of onion powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of ground allspice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare of For the sauce:.
- It’s 1/4 cup of salted butter.
- You need 1/3 cup of dark rum.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of packed dark brown sugar.
- It’s 8 oz. of can crush pineapple bits with juice.
- You need 1 Tbs. of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp. of red pepper flakes.
- It’s of For the garnish:.
- You need 1 of pineapple, peeled, cored, cut in 1” thick slices.
- You need 2 of scallions (green onions), chopped for garnish.
Tropical-Spiced Grilled Chicken Breast This tropical sauce (with mild heat) and dry rub ingredients, gives this grilled dish a unique 'island' flavor and is an alternative to BBQ sauce, Italian dressing, or a bottle of marinate. Thick chicken breasts can be cooked without pounding the meat down (for even cooking) … by grilling. The answer is always these grilled chicken breasts. After you make them once, you'll make them again and again.
Tropical-Spiced Grilled Chicken Breast step by step
- Place chicken breasts on a platter with raised sides and cover the breasts with oil. Rub both sides with garlic. In a small bowl, mix the dry rub ingredients with a spoon. Dust both sides of the chicken breasts and gently rub the spices against the meat. Lightly cover the chicken with a towel and refrigerate for at least 1 hour..
- In a small saucepan, add the butter, rum, brown sugar, can of pineapple bits (with juice), and Worcestershire sauce. Add a dash of red pepper flakes. Bring to a mild boil over medium-high heat and continue to stir and heat for 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow this to cool and thicken for 30 minutes..
- Prepare outdoor grill. One side of the grill should be high, other side medium. Clean the grates with a wire brush and coat well with vegetable oil using a balled paper towel or aluminum foil..
- Adjust the high heat side down to “medium,” with the other grilling surface to “low.” Place the “thickest” part of the breast over the “medium” heat side of the grill on a 45˚ angle to the grate. [Facing 10 on a clock].
- Grill for 5 minutes (if more than 1” thick). Turn the chicken over and grill for another 4-5 minutes in the same direction or position..
- Turn the chicken over once again (this time facing 2 on a clock). Medium heat on the thicker side of the meat. This may require adjusting the flame on a gas grill or moving the grate around on a charcoal grill..
- Brush the sauce over the chicken breasts very thick and grill for 2 minutes. Turn the breasts over, keeping within the same direction and brush more sauce on top. Grill for another 2 minutes. Place the chicken on a serving platter and add more sauce. Set aside..
- Place the pineapple slices on the grill and cook on both sides for 4 minutes using the sauce. When done, place the slices on a small plate and move them to a cutting board. Slice up the rings into 1” pieces..
- Place the chicken breasts on individual plates, add the pineapple pieces, and top this with chopped scallions. Serve with your favorite rice mixture. [Pictured, black beans and rice].
I serve these with some veggies that I put on the grill with the chicken and a big salad. It makes a quick and delicious dinner. Why you want to make this grilled chicken breast. This is the juiciest grilled chicken ever. ← truth! Once covered, pop the chicken in the fridge.