Provolone and Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts. It's very easy to halve this recipe to make two servings. For a juicer chicken breast, instead of timing use check for doneness by using a thermometer. Place one slice of Provolone on each open breast.
Whisk topping to ensure well mixed and drizzle over the top of the chicken breasts evenly. Place the cheese on the chicken, then spread the spinach on the cheese. Carefully, roll up the chicken breast over the cheese/spinach and pin closed with a toothpick. You can have Provolone and Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Provolone and Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- You need 5 of medium sized chicken breasts.
- It’s 1 oz of baby spinach.
- Prepare 10 slices of thin provolone cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 15 of toothpicks.
Spinach Provolone Stuffed Chicken Breasts are full on tasty too. The chicken is butterflied and stuffed with sauteed spinach and provolone cheese. The piece de resistance is a simple but tasty tomato sauce. Butterflying chicken breasts is easy peasy.
Provolone and Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts instructions
- Soak toothpicks in water for 3 hours.
- Split each chicken breasts 3/4 of the way through..
- Take 2 pieces of provolone cheese and stuff baby spinach into it..
- Place cheese and Spinach wraps into the chicken breasts..
- Close chicken breasts and put three toothpicks into each piece of chicken to keep closed..
- Spread olive oil on each side of the chicken..
- Evenly season chicken on each side with salt, pepper, garlic, and onion powders..
- Heat a pan to medium high heat and cook chicken 4 minutes on each side. Make sure to keep them covered..
- Remove the toothpicks, Now you're ready to eat! I like to have a salad as a side dish to this chicken, enjoy!.
You simply cut through one side of the breast until you get to the other side. These chicken breasts are healthy, delicious, and super easy to make. Kaylee usually serves them with a side of brown rice or quinoa, but feel free to experiment and tell us what you like best! Fold top half of breasts over filling. Holding chicken breast closed, coat with flour; shake off excess.