Fajitas Stuffed Chicken Breasts. Heat the canola oil (for the veggies) in a pan over high heat. Cook the peppers, onion, salt, and pepper until soft and slightly caramelized. Transfer the cooked veggies to a bowl.
Chicken breasts are either flattened or "butterflied" to stuff with sautéed peppers and onions, and then baked with cheese to create an. It's no surprise that chicken breast is such a popular dinner choice for so many families. It's mild taste & texture, lean and packed with protein. You can have Fajitas Stuffed Chicken Breasts using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fajitas Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- You need 2 of Tbl. grape seed oil.
- It’s 1/2 of each : yellow, green, orange, and red bell peppers, cut in slices.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion , cut in slices.
- You need of sea salt.
- Prepare of fresh ground black pepper.
- It’s 4 oz of cream cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 c. of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1/4 c. of pepper jack cheese.
- Prepare 4 of chicken breasts.
- You need 2 tsp of each : cumin, chili powder, garlic, salt, pepper (mixed together in bowl).
- Prepare 2 Tbl of grape seed oil.
It's also well loved by children as well as adults, making it a great week-night dinner menu option. Fajita stuffed chicken breasts are a fun alternative to traditional fajitas. Seasoned chicken breasts are stuffed with peppers and onion, and cooked to perfection. Fajita stuffed chicken is an easy weeknight dinner that the entire family will love.
Fajitas Stuffed Chicken Breasts instructions
- Heat first two tablespoons of grapeseed oil on high. Add sliced bell peppers and onions. Sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook on high until peppers are almost caramelized.
- In a small bowl mixed together cooked peppers and onions and all the cheeses. Set aside.
- Coat each chicken breast with spices on both sides. Cut a small pocket in each chicken breast and stuffed with bell pepper cheese mixture.
- Add 2 tablespoons of grapeseed oil back into skillet and Heat on high. Place each stuffed chicken breast in the skillet and cook 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve with Mexican style rice.
The best part about making stuffed chicken breasts is that you can customize each one with your family's favorite toppings. These chicken breasts are filled with sauteed onions, bell pepper, and melty monterey jack cheese. Pound out chicken breasts until thin, or butterfly breasts to split open. Distribute peppers and onion evenly onto each chicken breast and fold chicken breasts over so filling is inside. Divide cooked veggies and stuff into the pockets of the breasts.