Jerk Chicken Breast in the Crockpot with Vegetables. Jerk Chicken Breast in the Crockpot with Vegetables instructions. Jerk Chicken in the Slow Cooker is Easy. Slow Cooker Jerk Chicken is an easier way to make a delicious authentic Jamaican meal than firing up the grill and you'll have no worries about the smoke you'll be making on the indoor grill or the peppers burning your eyes standing above the outdoor grill.
Rub chicken with remaining olive oil, then season with Jamaican jerk seasoning, salt and pepper. Serve over a bed of rice and with some cold beer. Place chicken over vegetables in slow cooker, breast side up. You can have Jerk Chicken Breast in the Crockpot with Vegetables using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jerk Chicken Breast in the Crockpot with Vegetables
- It’s 3 of boneless chicken breasts.
- You need 1 teaspoon of dried jerk seasoning blend.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of molasses.
- Prepare 1 of small clove garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 pinch of finely diced habanero pepper, seeds removed (or more if you like spicy).
Mix together rosemary, lemon juice, oil, paprika and remaining salt in small bowl; rub over chicken. Remove chicken from slow cooker; tent with foil. Prepare your chicken by cutting off excess fat and then cutting the chicken into bite size pieces. Add the chicken to the slow cooker.
Jerk Chicken Breast in the Crockpot with Vegetables instructions
- For Chicken: 3 boneless skinless chicken breast 1 teaspoon dried jerk seasoning blend 2 tablespoons butter.
- For sauce: ¼ cup soy sauce 2 tablespoons molasses 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 teaspoon dried jerk seasoning blend 1 small clove garlic, minced 1 pinch finely diced habanero pepper, seeds removed (or more if you like spicy).
- Melt butter in skillet over medium high heat (closer to high)..
- Season both sides of chicken with a little seasoning and place in hot pan..
- Sear on each side for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned. Transfer to slow cooker.
- In small bowl whisk together sauce ingredients. Pour over chicken..
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 until chicken is fully cooked. Add vegetables at 4 hour mark..
- NOTES: I cooked this on high in my 3.5 quart slow cooker for 5 hours. Be very careful when dicing habanero not to get juices on your skin (wear gloves if needed). It is very spicy so use only a little pinch unless you enjoy spicier flavors..
Wash your green beans and trim off the ends. Wash your potatoes and cut the red potatoes in half (for firmer) or in quarters (for soft). Loved it even more than with the chicken. Next time I'm going to try it on boneless chicken breasts. The chicken in this low-calorie dinner is brushed with lemon juice and sprinkled with a garlic, jerk and thyme seasoning mixture.