Chicken Breast in Creamy Mushroom Sauce. The creamy mushroom sauce in this recipe is an excellent sauce for chicken breast, adding richness to what is an otherwise very lean meat. And it's a notch above the usual basic mushroom sauce recipes, thanks to a splash of white wine, parmesan and chicken stock/broth. Remove the bay leaf, then season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
Chicken Breasts with Mushroom Cream Sauce is an excellent go to if you are entertaining or want to prepare a meal for a special occasion. While the cream and cognac are a bit indulgent, this recipe is not as fancy as it seems. In this homemade cream of mushroom chicken recipe, pan fried chicken breasts are cooked to golden-brown perfection and cloaked in the creamiest, easiest white wine, lemon, and thyme mushroom sauce with a hint of cream. You can cook Chicken Breast in Creamy Mushroom Sauce using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Breast in Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- Prepare 3 tbsp of olive oil – divided.
- It’s 3 large of boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 2.5lbs – butterflied and split to make 6 thin halves.
- You need 1/2 small of yellow onion – finely diced.
- Prepare 8 oz of white button mushrooms – cleaned and sliced (shortcut, buy pre-sliced).
- It’s 1 clove of garlic – minced.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of unsalted or low sodium beef broth or stock.
- It’s 2 tsp of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1 tbsp of fresh grated parmigiano reggiano (just parmesan is fine, but use fresh grated for best texture).
- It’s of sea salt and black pepper.
- Prepare of garlic powder.
- Prepare of onion powder.
Pan Fried Chicken with Mushroom Sauce. They can easily become the same-old, same-old. Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. It is one of our absolute favorite easy boneless chicken recipes!.
Chicken Breast in Creamy Mushroom Sauce instructions
- First thing, prep your onions, mushrooms and garlic. Set aside. To split chicken breasts: lay breast flat on clean cutting board, find the halfway point between top and bottom. Using a very sharp knife, carefully cut horizontally through the breast as if you would a butterfly cut. Instead of stopping when you reach the other side, finish cutting all the way through to completely split top and bottom. Repeat with remaining breasts so you have 6 thin breast pieces..
- Season both sides of breast pieces with desired amounts of salt, pepper, garlic and onion powders. Heat a large, deep sided saute pan over medium heat. When hot (a drop of water "sizzles") add 2 tbs olive oil and swirl to coat..
- Add chicken breasts to hot pan, arranged so they will all fit flat but not overlapping. Cook On the first side, untouched, for 5 minutes to get a nice, browned sear. When first side is done breasts will "release" from the pan easily..
- Flip each breast to sear second side and finish cooking, about 5 minutes more, again untouched for best sear. Remove to plate, tent with foil to keep warm and set aside..
- Add onion to hot pan and cook until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add sliced mushrooms, sprinkle minced garlic, thyme and a pinch of s&p on top, then drizzle with remaining 1tbs olive oil. Stir to combine everything..
- Cook until mushrooms begin to exude their juices and shrink down, stirring frequently and scraping up brown bits that have been stuck to pan. About 5 – 7 minutes more..
- Add beef broth. Increase heat to medium high to bring to a boil until broth has reduced slightly (not quite by half) about 5 – 7 minutes again. No need to stir more than a couple times here..
- Reduce heat to medium low. Add balsamic vinegar and heavy cream. Stir to incorporate fully. Simmer some more until sauce begins to thicken. Again, this took about 5 minutes for me..
- Stir in freshly grated cheese until melted into sauce, this will also help thicken some more. Return chicken breasts to pan, turn to coat in sauce. Turn heat to low, cover and let sit 5 minutes to warm chicken through..
- Serve with sauce drizzled on top and a crisp side salad for a lower carb option, or any other desired sides. Enjoy!.
This pan seared easy chicken breast mushroom recipe pairs deliciously with caramelized onions and mushrooms in a delicious creamy sauce. Mix well and take off heat. Sprinkle with croutons or parmesan cheese (optional). This easy chicken dinner is made with sautéed garlic and mushrooms and topped with a creamy sauce. I used chicken breasts for this recipe, but chicken thighs would be delicious too!