Pepperoni and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Ensure the oil is hot before placing the chicken or the result will be greasy. Place chicken breasts flat on cutting surface.
Preheat vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place the chicken, browned-side up, on the prepared baking sheet. Using a small sharp knife, cut a pocket into the front of each chicken breast. You can cook Pepperoni and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pepperoni and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- It’s 8 oz of Provolone cheese.
- It’s 30 of to 35 slices of pepperoni.
- You need 1 tsp of Sriracha seasoning salt blend, plus more for seasoning chicken.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper, plus more for seasoning chicken.
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh grated romano cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
- You need 1 of recipe of my Marinara Sauce recipe attached in step #10, or your favorite.
- You need of GARNISH.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of mixed chopped fresh herbs, zi used basil, parsley and chives.
Place all-purpose flour in a small shallow dish. In another dish pour beaten eggs and in a third dish,place breadcrumbs. Dip each chicken breast first in the flour mixture. Great recipe for Pepperoni and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts.
Pepperoni and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts step by step
- Pound chicken into 6- 1/4 inch thick cutlets. Sprinkle with pepper and sriracha seasoning.
- Cover cheese with pepperoni slices.
- Lay slices of provolone cheese on each chicken cutlet.
- Fold over both sides and secure with toothpicks.
- Combine on a plate , flour, romano cheese, italian seasoning, the teaspoon of sriracha and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, mix well.
- Roll each chicken roll in flour mix to dry and lightly coat.
- Heat oil in a large skillet, brown chicken rolls on all sides.
- Cover skillet and cook on low heat for 15 to 20 minutes, keeping covered and not adding any liquid.
- Remove chicken to serving plate, add chicken broth to skillet chicken was cooked in, scraping up all cheese and brown bits and whisking them into the broth.
- , Add about 1 1/2 cups Marinara Sauce, recipe attached below, to broth and simmer until hot and well mixed, stir in fresh herbs https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/366612-simple-basic-marinara-sauce.
- Serve Chicken with sauce, remove toothpicks before serving. Serve with pasta or crusty bread..
I set out to make a version of Chicken parmesan but without all the breading and decided to make it a stuffed chicken breast. The chicken is really flavorful from the poaching in its own juices with the pepperoni and cheese adding. Tuck the cheese and pepperoni roll in the top of the slit and roll it in half while tucking. Place chicken breasts flat on cutting surface. Stuff each chicken breast with pepperoni and mozzarella cheese, pressing the edges of each chicken breast to seal.